Super Mario Bros 1 & 2, recreated for the Wii. By yours truely: SMB Team
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Level Load Screen

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Delta517



Posts : 15
Points : 46
Join date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: Level Load Screen   Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 am

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this, but "Here we go!"

I was just wondering if we were going to edit the pictures that shows which world you are in on the Level Load Screen.

This is the ones I'm talking about:





I might try to make on later to see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
hamradio

avatar

Posts : 227
Points : 368
Join date : 2010-04-06
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Great idea. Sometimes the level doesnt match the load screen at all so it is important.
Which file is it that contains these textures?
Back to top Go down
Delta517



Posts : 15
Points : 46
Join date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:23 am

The file is called preGame.arc. Its under the layout folder. Smile
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:29 pm

I think thats a good idea as well, except I don't really know how we would implement it. If you could change the picture per level, then definitely. If we are stuck using one graphic for an entire world, then I think we should leave it be. Lets say you go to 1-1, and you want a picture with a grassy plain. When you go to 1-2, then what? Won't it be bound to using the same picture?
Back to top Go down
Delta517



Posts : 15
Points : 46
Join date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:10 pm

We could try to make a picture with all the different themes from that world.
Back to top Go down
YoshisIsland

avatar

Posts : 79
Points : 66
Join date : 2010-05-25
Age : 23
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Wed May 26, 2010 11:55 am

Or you use the Main style of the world.

Likei n SMB3 it was: Grass Desert Beach and so on.

In SMB2 it was kinda the same
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 am

i have an idea of what you can put there you can put a classic map of the level scrolling from the begging to the end to give the player i hint of what there facing afro
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:26 am

kakashimario5 wrote:
i have an idea of what you can put there you can put a classic map of the level scrolling from the begging to the end to give the player i hint of what there facing afro

Thats actually a really good idea! Sadly, I think it uses the same graphic for the entire world Sad

Even with the same graphic for the entire world, putting an NES level there wouldn't be a bad idea. I might even be able to make the graphic a little bigger, too.

Do you have any other ideas for it?
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 am

VampireLordAlucard wrote:
kakashimario5 wrote:
i have an idea of what you can put there you can put a classic map of the level scrolling from the begging to the end to give the player i hint of what there facing afro

Thats actually a really good idea! Sadly, I think it uses the same graphic for the entire world Sad

Even with the same graphic for the entire world, putting an NES level there wouldn't be a bad idea. I might even be able to make the graphic a little bigger, too.

Do you have any other ideas for it?
well about the problem with the same graphic for the world maybe (im not sure about this cause im not what you would call a great modder lol) you can edit somthing it the game so it will alow multiple graphics in the same world or sometihng like that.

And about the part about any extra ideas. if you cant put multiple parts of a level maybe you can make one graphic that show each level in the world but only the begining of each level so its not to much of a give away. or somthing like that im glad to help if ive helped you Smile
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 am

Yeah, you've helped a lot. I'm not very creative, so I really struggle with coming up with ideas on what to do about stuff like this.

And I'm not a 'great modder' either. I have no idea how to edit it to use separate graphics. Would probably require ASM, which I don't know at all.

If you have a basic knowledge of some / any tools out there to edit the game, and are a little creative, I'd consider you a great modder!

Keep posting any ideas you have about any part of the game, please! Also, do you know image editing? I'm not quite sure how the graphic should look like. Feel free to make a sloppy graphic showing what you think it should look like if you know how.
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:54 am

VampireLordAlucard wrote:
Yeah, you've helped a lot. I'm not very creative, so I really struggle with coming up with ideas on what to do about stuff like this.

And I'm not a 'great modder' either. I have no idea how to edit it to use separate graphics. Would probably require ASM, which I don't know at all.

If you have a basic knowledge of some / any tools out there to edit the game, and are a little creative, I'd consider you a great modder!

Keep posting any ideas you have about any part of the game, please! Also, do you know image editing? I'm not quite sure how the graphic should look like. Feel free to make a sloppy graphic showing what you think it should look like if you know how.

lol its lucky that you said that im actually almost dont with a rough look of how it should look (remember think of it as a rough draft not final ok)
i also if you dont like it i have an idea that instead of showing the beggining of each level on the first level it shows the begining. in the second level it shows 2/4 of the second level and 3/4 of the 3rd level and the last part of the forth level. but if you dont like that i under stand. heres the rough draft of the basic idea trust me the final draft should look way better ok oh ya one more thing if u can make it bigger that would be great


Back to top Go down
CanadaX21
Editing Machine
Editing Machine
avatar

Posts : 331
Points : 463
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:59 pm

That's looking pretty good!

I like the idea of "2/4 of the second level and 3/4 of the 3rd level and the last part of the forth level." How would you go about doing the transition though? Would you keep the black between them like the example pic above or try to blend them in?
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 pm

CanadaX21 wrote:
That's looking pretty good!

I like the idea of "2/4 of the second level and 3/4 of the 3rd level and the last part of the forth level." How would you go about doing the transition though? Would you keep the black between them like the example pic above or try to blend them in?


i don't completely understand what you mean but if you mean how i would make it look with the 2/4 and 3/4 thing then i would do something similar to that pic i showed you guys above.... wait now i confused lol cause i tried blending them in on that pic? so what do you mean when you said blending it?
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Wow, that looks really good! I like this idea a lot.

I think CanadaX21 was just asking how you'd make it look.
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:21 pm

VampireLordAlucard wrote:
Wow, that looks really good! I like this idea a lot.

I think CanadaX21 was just asking how you'd make it look.

well im glad you like it. the final one will look way better but if you no some one really good at photoshop maybe you could show them the final one when im done and they could make it look way better lol (but remember to give me credit lol xD Wink ) and maybe even make the 8 bit graphics look better or even if you want i could change it from 8-bit to super mario all-stars 16-bit cheers and um when do you guys think this is going to be released on an iso so its easier to for me to play it
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:27 am

It looks alright to me as-is. Not sure how you could improve it too much.

Also, not sure about the ISO thing. As far as I know, we won't release an ISO, but a patch that will allow you to easily edit your ISO with our changes. We'll probably wait until everything is finished though.

How are you editing the ISO? If you're using wiiscrubber to manually replace all of the files, check out this tutorial on how to replace everything at once: http://www.mario-mods.com/2010/07/how-to-replace-iso-contents-in-bulk.html
Back to top Go down
CanadaX21
Editing Machine
Editing Machine
avatar

Posts : 331
Points : 463
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:09 pm



Is this sort of what you mean by 1/4 of each level?
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:39 pm

ya lol thats what i mean lol that looks really cool lol way better then mines lol. ya lol thats what i mean lol that looks awesome cheers

VampireLordAlucard wrote:
It looks alright to me as-is. Not sure how you could improve it too much.

Also, not sure about the ISO thing. As far as I know, we won't release an ISO, but a patch that will allow you to easily edit your ISO with our changes. We'll probably wait until everything is finished though.

How are you editing the ISO? If you're using wiiscrubber to manually replace all of the files, check out this tutorial on how to replace everything at once: http://www.mario-mods.com/2010/07/how-to-replace-iso-contents-in-bulk.html

ya lol i seen that tutorial its really helpful cause before ive seen that tutorial ive had to replace a level one at a time
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:04 pm

CanadaX21 wrote:


Is this sort of what you mean by 1/4 of each level?

ya thats what i mean that looks amazing way better then mines lol. now how do we get it in the game lol
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:16 pm

kakashimario5 wrote:
ya thats what i mean that looks amazing way better then mines lol. now how do we get it in the game lol

1. Open the ISO with Wiiscrubber, and go to Layout --> preGame and extract preGame.arc

2. Open preGame.arc with SZS Modifier.

3. Find im_worldBase_1_00.tpl, im_worldBase_2_01.tpl, etc. These are the graphics used for each world.

4. Double click the picture you want to replace, file --> import, and choose the new graphic.

5. Hit save, close the window, and file--> save.

6. Load the file using method of your choice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:17 pm

VampireLordAlucard wrote:
kakashimario5 wrote:
ya thats what i mean that looks amazing way better then mines lol. now how do we get it in the game lol

1. Open the ISO with Wiiscrubber, and go to Layout --> preGame and extract preGame.arc

2. Open preGame.arc with SZS Modifier.

3. Find im_worldBase_1_00.tpl, im_worldBase_2_01.tpl, etc. These are the graphics used for each world.

4. Double click the picture you want to replace, file --> import, and choose the new graphic.

5. Hit save, close the window, and file--> save.

6. Load the file using method of your choice Very Happy

thanks Very Happy . now if we can get the guy who made that one to make more that would be great lol
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 am

He's been really busy lately, but I'm sure he'll make more eventually. I really like this idea. It looks really good, too.

The only problem that I see is that we have 2 NES worlds in each NSMBW world. And only 1 banner per NSMBW world.

But it doesn't matter. I think even the original banner you posted kakashimario5 used for every world would be better than not replacing at all. I'll try to look into making the banners larger - maybe allowing enough room for 8 level previews instead of 4.

If anyone else is interested in trying and is familiar with the program Benzin - open the preGame.arc I mentioned earlier and convert the brlyt into an xml file. You should be able to edit the graphic size, but I'm not 100% sure.
Back to top Go down
CanadaX21
Editing Machine
Editing Machine
avatar

Posts : 331
Points : 463
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 27
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:35 am

I can try to do the rest, I just have to get all the source pics Razz
Back to top Go down
VampireLordAlucard
Retro Specialist
Retro Specialist
avatar

Posts : 474
Points : 449
Join date : 2010-04-06
Age : 28
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:44 am

Eh, just post them as you make them.
Back to top Go down
kakashimario5



Posts : 21
Points : 21
Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 pm

VampireLordAlucard wrote:
Eh, just post them as you make them.
how come u said eh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Level Load Screen   

Back to top Go down
 
Level Load Screen
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Super Mario Bros Wii: Retro Remix :: Resources :: Menus-
Jump to: