New Super Mario Bros Wii: Retro Remix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Mario Bros 1 & 2, recreated for the Wii. By yours truely: SMB Team

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vbusfan

Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 Empty
PostSubject: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:54 am

As the title says, it's about how to make all levels fit NSMBWii although we have less levels than we have to convert of SMB1+SMB2.

Someone posted the idea of combining always two level of Worlds A-D into one level with the middle flag in between the two parts. So that 16 levels will fit the 8 levels of world 9 in NSMBWii.

I'm new to this forum but i'm familiar with level editors, I know how that stuff works so that won't be a problem to start with Reggie. I plan to do the missing levels of World A-D and combine them with the existing ones to create the 8 level pairs. All I need is your permission to copy that data over into new levels so the pairs can be created.

The combination will be level 1 and 2 together in one level and then 3 and 4 into one level. In the original game that levels did not contain the middle flag but I think it is possible to add it or do you know about any restrictions there? Otherwise it would be more difficult to play maybe Laughing . And as you can change tilesets between areas, it shoud be possible to conncect castle levels behind normal levels, I think.

Now we just have to find the place for the SMB2 World 9 (someone started to do that levels) ... and we have the level placement problem done.

But I can't start before Monday, I have to do some things over the weekend (i.e downloading all the already finished stages) but then I'm ready for this.
I also plan to test the already made levels as a level tester.

Well, my English is bad but thats because I am German I think.
Back to top Go down
CanadaX21
Editing Machine
Editing Machine
CanadaX21

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:32 pm

We've actually never decided what we are doing in regards to a single or two games, as well as we currently have no way of accessing world 9 because we aren't putting in star coins...

So if you don't mind, can you please stick to keeping the levels separate for now?

Basically we just have world B and C left Smile

Lost Levels Progress Grid (finished levels in grey, blue in progress/reserved)
      1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4
      2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4
      3-1, 3-2, 3-3, 3-4
      4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4
      5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4
      6-1, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4
      7-1, 7-2, 7-3, 7-4
      8-1, 8-2, 8-3, 8-4

9-1, 9-2, 9-3, 9-4

A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4
      B-1, B-2, B-3, B-4
      C-1, C-2, C-3, C-4
      D-1, D-2, D-3, D-4

Last edited by CanadaX21 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
vbusfan

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 pm

Ok, I can leave that levels as single files for now. Combining them wouldn't be problem, I think. Or is there any?

Well, I have to download all that levels one by one that are out here as testing versions before I want to start making Worlds B and C. I have a pack of SMB1 levels with May Filedates so I think this is the newest version of them. I have it from there http://www.mario-mods.com/2010/06/retro-mario-bros-wii.html. Is this the newest one available of SMB1? Is not I have to download them as single files, too. I'll then compile them into an iso for me, so I am also able to participate in level testing.
Note: I have the original disc, but I just prefer USB although its not so convenient to update files while testing new stages (have to trensfer it again on every change or error)

So, well, when keeping them seperate, where do you replace Worlds 1-8 and where to put Worlds A-D and World 9? In general this then tends to create the replacement structure the game would have when creating two seperate games, don't it? Because with having single levels, it would not fit when not using toad houses (would just look very bad to have a level when entering a toad house).

I'll probably start creating on Sunday or Monday. As I see is it possible to do some sort of reserving B and C to me?
Back to top Go down
PastChu

PostSubject: uhm xD   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:42 pm

vbusfan wrote:
Ok, I can leave that levels as single files for now. Combining them wouldn't be problem, I think. Or is there any?

Well, I have to download all that levels one by one that are out here as testing versions before I want to start making Worlds B and C. I have a pack of SMB1 levels with May Filedates so I think this is the newest version of them. I have it from there http://www.mario-mods.com/2010/06/retro-mario-bros-wii.html. Is this the newest one available of SMB1? Is not I have to download them as single files, too. I'll then compile them into an iso for me, so I am also able to participate in level testing.
Note: I have the original disc, but I just prefer USB although its not so convenient to update files while testing new stages (have to trensfer it again on every change or error)

So, well, when keeping them seperate, where do you replace Worlds 1-8 and where to put Worlds A-D and World 9? In general this then tends to create the replacement structure the game would have when creating two seperate games, don't it? Because with having single levels, it would not fit when not using toad houses (would just look very bad to have a level when entering a toad house).

I'll probably start creating on Sunday or Monday. As I see is it possible to do some sort of reserving B and C to me?

i was just gonna reply that maybe if i can do world B or C but ill let a mod decide :3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PastChu
vbusfan

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 pm

When I saw that you did that levels of world 9, I decided that I just had to do something, or it would be over for me to just create any level for this project that has not been created yet, as SMB1 is "finished" in that part und SMB2 LL hast only worlds B-C missing. Maybe you simply take B-2 so you got 5 or maybe also B-3 so we then get the same amount of stages per person.

Well you have already something here of your work, but I can't proof anything before Sunday.

And I can't do things with pictures or music so I have only the stages left over for me.
Back to top Go down
PastChu

PostSubject: Np ;)   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:14 pm

vbusfan wrote:
When I saw that you did that levels of world 9, I decided that I just had to do something, or it would be over for me to just create any level for this project that has not been created yet, as SMB1 is "finished" in that part und SMB2 LL hast only worlds B-C missing. Maybe you simply take B-2 so you got 5 or maybe also B-3 so we then get the same amount of stages per person.

Well you have already something here of your work, but I can't proof anything before Sunday.

And I can't do things with pictures or music so I have only the stages left over for me.
Its ok you may do them all if you want :3
Back to top Go down
vbusfan

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Thanks.

Are you familiar with creating tilesets, backgrounds, images and music? Maybe you can do something there? As I see there's much more to do in the other categories of this mod, if you like doing such things, look whats missing there. I am just not creative enough for inventing completely new contents, I think.

Well, you can do B-2, then I continue B-3 to C-4, you then have 5 levels, I get 6, this is then fairly splitted between us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts Merged
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, without doing double posts you won't notice that I posted this.

I started doing world B-2 today, well as this is my first level, I just have to figure out how reggie works, well, I already know how to place basic tiles and others. But, I think, this won't be a problem finding out the rest.

Now, I just copied the enter pipe (that one in overground that leads to underground/underwater sections).
Tomorrow, I will try on underwater section of B-2
Back to top Go down
PastChu

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Is level D-4 not done yet? cuz if so i Really wanna make it :3 !
Back to top Go down
vbusfan

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Worlds A and D are done, I think you saw it already when looking at the topics here.

I just startet to figure out how Reggie works. Zones, areas, tiles , and all that stuff. And I started to make level B-2 Didn't made so much yesterday as I had to find how it works. In the Beginning, using editors is always just slower as when knowing what to do.

But I managed to start with B-2 and I'll try to go on.

If you want choose one level : B-3 or B-4 or one of C-1 to C-4 to do. But leave the rest for me, if its ok for you. This Worlds B and C were the only remaining worlds when I singned up before two weeks.
Back to top Go down
PastChu

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:36 pm

vbusfan wrote:
Worlds A and D are done, I think you saw it already when looking at the topics here.

I just startet to figure out how Reggie works. Zones, areas, tiles , and all that stuff. And I started to make level B-2 Didn't made so much yesterday as I had to find how it works. In the Beginning, using editors is always just slower as when knowing what to do.

But I managed to start with B-2 and I'll try to go on.

If you want choose one level : B-3 or B-4 or one of C-1 to C-4 to do. But leave the rest for me, if its ok for you. This Worlds B and C were the only remaining worlds when I singned up before two weeks.

k ill see school is keeping me busy now already XD
Back to top Go down
vbusfan

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Just one question: I announced in this topic here that I planned to do Worlds B and C but now I see, that CanadaX21 did C-2 and C-4.

Did you just missed the announcement or did I something wrong?

World B: I just have to fix some remaining issues with the castle level and change the background of the platform level. In general they are quite ready. They will be uploaded tomorrow, I think.
Back to top Go down
CanadaX21
Editing Machine
Editing Machine
CanadaX21

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:14 am

No you didn't do anything wrong, I just had an hour of free time and decided to make some levels.

I'm sorry I took a couple levels that you reserved, but I'm just bored and want this project finished lol.
Just so you know, you don't have to build and test everything before uploading it, this forum is here so we can all help each other out Razz
Back to top Go down
vbusfan

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:57 am

Levels B-2 to B-4 uploaded.

I also started testing on the SMB2 LL levels.
Back to top Go down
vbusfan

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:25 pm

I created all missing levels on Worlds B and C and fixed them to work properly.

My test run of SMB2 LL is also finished, I fixed everything I found, and I found many things in Worlds 9, and A-D. I uploaded all fixes together in one package for Worlds 1-8 and one for the Bonus Worlds. The bonus worlds package contains also the levels that did not need a fix of Worlds 9 and A-D so it's more easy for you to add the fixed Bonus Worlds to the Download Center (B and C have not been available at all there so far).

Head over to the download center to read the long list of fixes and to get the fixed levels packages.

I created also a renamed fileset of Worlds 9 and A-D to replace them into the toad houses. Uses all toad houses and the W4 Doomship (not used by SMB1 or LL as it lays between the two remake parts and it was not required for SMB levels so far) up to first house of World 7.

Just to let you know if you did not read it in the Download Center.

So this Is all I fixed within my testrun of SMB2 LL and I sadly don't have more time for this, start studying in two weeks and I need some time left for just simple gaming without tests. But I will not go away from here, I will check the forum each week for updates, if you update musics, menus or other stuff or fix another level problems, I'll check them out when I have time for it, test them and report about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9   Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Making Worlds A-D fit NSMB World 9
Page 1 of 1